Sunday, September 26, 2010

IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNICATION

Do we realize the importance of what we do? I have been thinking about this question a great deal lately. I see the amazing technology  developed by the entire industry and I just can't help but wonder.Do we realize also how important we are to the world economy? I am far from an economist but I know that when productivity improves so does the standard of living and few technologies have allowed productivity to skyrocket. We take it for granted but software allows me to communicate with my coworkers and family more effectively than ever before. I am connected when I want to be and on my own terms.The mobile phone too has changed the way we live. I remember a time when you were in a car and running late for an appointment  there was no way to call to let the other party know of your tardiness. Now your cell phone can not only let you call but it gives you turn by turn directions and allows you to surf the web, send email.

No comments:

Post a Comment